[3dprinter-general] Cura issue with Sentry SDK / eventlet

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 18:08:03 BST 2023

Hi,

Looks like there's no end to Cura-related bugs:

The fix suggested upstream (pinning dnspython to 0.23) didn't help for
me, but I found that removing python3-sentry-sdk avoids the issue. It's
an optional dependency of Cura, and only used to send crash reports.
Cura automatically disables this functionality if the Sentry SDK can't
be found.

I suggest we downgrade the dependency at least to a Recommends, also
because not all users might want to send crash reports to upstream directly.

In this case, it would also allow people to avoid the broken eventlet
transitive dependency without breaking apt.

What do you think?

Regards,
Gregor