[3dprinter-general] Cura issue with Sentry SDK / eventlet

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 20:30:46 BST 2023

> Isn't the fix you suggested in
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1042466#14 both more
> simple and better?

Not necessarily... I've discovered this in the source code of eventlet,
and I have no idea what other consequences it has. Unless someone from
the eventlet project explains what's going on, I'm not confident to bake
it into a patch.

I tried digging deeper into the eventlet code to debug the issue, but
gave up because they're doing strange things with module overloading,
and I don't get what they're trying to achieve, why they're doing it
this way, and why it fails in this case.

On the other hand, completely disabling Sentry support might be a bit
drastic, but we could always bring support back when the upstream issue
in eventlet is fixed.