[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] Re: Amavisd-new 2.2.1

Brian May amavisd-new-debian-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:35:09 +1000

    Brian> This is very experimental.  Not tested, except it installs.
    Brian> Not commited to CVS.  There might be errors in the default
    Brian> config.  Next version will keep same version number.

I have commited to CVS and uploaded to experimental. However you may have
already guessed this anyway ;-)

/usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/examples/sample.conf.gz
has everything commented out by default and is installed in
/etc/amavis/conf.d/30-user.

Users can override any variable.

$mydomain is now a *reference* to a string, and defined in
/etc/amavis/conf.d/20-debconf, this in theory, means the value can be
used in /etc/amavis/conf.d/10-debian, even though this file is
processed first.

Either this, or it is evidence that I am on drugs (AKA as LCA2005
<grin>).

The more I think about it, I suspect the later, as I don't see how
what I was trying to do could possibly work...

This is a pain that some variables depend on $mydomain in order to be
configured, and mydomain is one of the most likely variables that will
need to be changed.

This situation requires more thought then I can give right now.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>