[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] RFH: amavisd-new CVS almost ready for unstable

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Dec 23 19:24:55 UTC 2005

People, it is almost done.  I have hammered out almost everything I wanted,
and only documentation and the message templates are still needing update
before an upload.  And testing would be good, of course.  No, I didn't do
any testing yet... which means one bug or two must be still there, and they
might be obvious ones, etc.

I would have done some testing before sending this, but I am unsure how much
time I will be able to spend on amavisd-new for the next 72h (probably
none), so I thought it would be better to just send the message and hope
some of you can do the final hammering.

Please checkout CVS, test if it works (*do pay attention to the fact that
the old experimental version creates a 20-debian file in /etc/amavis/conf.d,
which needs to be wiped out*).

Also, please help with patches to all the documents and templates, based on
what upstream has in README_FILES.  You don't even have to install
amavisd-new from CVS to do this, just checkout the files and send the result
of cvs diff to the list, after you have modified the files.

The only code still needing some paranoia is the utf8 taint/untaint stuff,
which I reverted to upstream's for now so that we can go with what is most
probably the best option with current perl.  If someone wants to muck with
this (please do!), the patch I am questioning the sanity of is temporarily
in CVS as debian/amavisd-new.disabled-patch.utf8-taint-fix  (and of course,
it is NOT applied).

  Henrique Holschuh