[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] closing this bug

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Dec 28 01:14:33 UTC 2005

The Debian maintainers for amavisd-new consider sending any sort of virus
warnings (other than warnings to a fixed administrator) a Bad Idea.  They
are nothing more than SPAM and line-noise nowadays, and they have been an
extremely bad idea security-wise since day one.

We disable such warnings by default for ALL viruses except for the EICAR
test, we keep such warnings disabled globally (even for the EICAR test) just
as amavisd-new does by upstream default, and we heavily encourage users to
never ever turn such warnings back on.

So, I hope you understand that we will take no action regarding
warnvirussender.  You can always ask upstream directly for the feature you
want, or write it yourself.

  Henrique Holschuh