[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] Watch out, 2.4.0 (unmerged) checked in CVS: HEAD broken

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Apr 4 14:11:24 UTC 2006

I have checked in 2.4.0, but I have *not* finished merging it yet. So watch
out.  2.3.3-8 is tagged, so if you need to work on 2.3.3 for some reason, it
is easy to fork a branch from tag debian_version_2_3_3-8.

If I disappear for a while (OSDL printing summit), and someone is in a hurry
for 2.4.0, please do this:

  1. Send me (and the list) a short mail notifying us you're going to do
     the merge
  2. cvs checkout -r debian_version_2_3_3-8
     cvs update -j upstream_version_2_3_3 -j upstream_version_2_4_0

     (i.e. start with 2.3.3-8, and do the upstream branch merge on top of
     it).  DO NOT USE HEAD, it is broken until the merge is complete!

  3. do the merging, pay attention to information loss with the milter .c
     rename, we have patches in there we must propagate to the new file

  4. commit and send mail to the list.

2.3.3-8 was uploaded a few minutes ago, it just fixes the su stuff, and adds
one l10n template.

  Henrique Holschuh