[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] 2.4.0-1 packages almost ready

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue Apr 25 12:40:40 UTC 2006

Henrique,

> Current CVS head should have working 2.4.0 packages (but I didn't test them
> yet :P).

Thanks for your efforts.

> I am specially interested on feedback about amavis-release and the other
> stuff that needs an UNIX socket.  What should we do with that socket?  Must
> it be protected by filesystem permissions, so that only group amavis can
> access it?  etc.

It depends on anticipated usage. If releasing is done by admin only,
or throughy some front-end GUI that does authentication, then the socket
needs to be accessible to such user(s) only, and $auth_required_release
may even be disabled.

If the socket is exposed to users directly, then $auth_required_release
should be true to prevent abuse (releasing/obtaining other person's mail),
and some means should be available to let users obtain secret_id of their
quarantined mail.

> Please test and report back, I have a ton of stuff to work on and
> amavisd-new 2.4.0 will be delayed if it needs to depend only on myself to
> be out of the door.

The 2.4.1 maintenance release is around the corner (2.4.1-pre1 was made
available today). It makes one unfortunate incompatible change in notification
templates of 2.4.0, so you may want to skip the 2.4.0 to avoid the trouble.

  Mark