[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] Seeking new maintainer(s) for HPLIP and amavisd-new

Alexander Wirt formorer at debian.org
Thu Aug 9 12:39:20 UTC 2007

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schrieb am Donnerstag, den 09. August 2007:

Hi Henrique,

*snip*

> I've added you as a "senior developer" and will upgrade it to Admin after
> you get some uploads done.  Is that okay with you?
Fully.

> Feel free to start working on the package.  It is probably a good idea to
> send an email to the amavisd-new-debian-devel ML, and CC upstream,
> introducing yourself.  You'd also benefit from reading the amavis ML
> upstream, as some patches and nasty bug reports we should be aware of do
> show up there from time to time.
Good idea, this will follow later this day.

> I don't recall if CVS trunk is sane or not, it is in the middle of the
> upstream merge of 2.4.3.  The easiest way to clean it up is to finish
> packaging 2.4.3 (merging config changes from upstream to debian's, diff'ing
> to 2.4.2 and to 2.4.2-6 and checking the patches/ directory to make sure no
> patches were lost), and only then try to go to the latest upstream.
Yeah, my experiences are to be very carefull with new upstream versions of
amavis. It may be good to get an overview about the current state of the
debian amavis and its patches first and if I'm done with that we will see
whats coming next.

> Also, if you want to move away from CVS, we can do that.  I'd suggest using
> git, it is extremely fast and friendly to distributed offline work... but
> that's just personal preference.  Brian May would prefer SVN or SVK, I
> think.
SVN/SVK would fine with me too, but I will ask on the mailinglist for other
ideas.

Thanks

Alex