[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] mercurial commitmails

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt he at debian.org
Thu Sep 20 08:24:49 UTC 2007

Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:
> Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he at debian.org> writes:
>> Alexander Wirt <formorer at debian.org> writes:
>>> I want to generate commitmails for the mercurial repo. The big question is
>>> now if we want to use a seperate list (the exists a never used commits
>>> mailinglist on alioth) or if the commits should go to the devel ml.
>>>
>>> Any oppinions?
>> I believe using a separate mailing list for the commit messages would be
>> better.
> Why?

Because I like to separate mail out in different folders and
archives. Keeping them separate allows me to read discussion mails
whenever they come in and commit mails when I have enough time to
actually check them. Sure, it's possible to get the same effect with a
procmail rule (or fancy mail splitting), but it feels cleaner to use
separate mailing lists.

Marc
--
BOFH #440:
Cache miss - please take better aim next time