[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] transition from amavisd-new-milter to amavisd-milter

Harald Jenny harald at a-little-linux-box.at
Sun Aug 8 17:41:54 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I thought if it wouldn't be beneficial to allow for an easy transition of
existing amavisd-new-milter installations to amavisd-milter? Therefore I guess
it would be necessary to build a dummy amavisd-new-milter package which should
depend on amavisd-milter and my package would need some
Provides: amavisd-new-milter
Breaks: amavisd-new-milter (<< 1:2.7.0)
Replaces: amavisd-new-milter (<< 1:2.7.0)
lines (thought that 2.7.0 version would be sufficiant to catch all current
amavisd-new versions). How is your opinion on this issue?

Kind regards
Harald Jenny