[Amavisd-new-debian-devel] the debian l10n template feature

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Aug 9 19:42:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> during the work on 2.7.0 I again stumbled about the feature of
> /etc/amavis/<lang>/. I would have to provide a patch for 2.7.0 for getting
> the feature working again, as there are several new templates in the code.
> Additionally I have to say that I dislike that diverging from upstream thingy
> as it is error proven.

We implemented it before upstream did, I think.  That caused the divergence.

> I am not sure if somebody is really using that "feature", so I would opt in
> removing it. Any oppinions here?

I used to ship pt_BR translations in the package, and our l10n team could
translate the templates if we asked them to and made them aware of the
templates (since they're not gettext/autopoint stuff).  The lang/ way of
doing things used to make it MUCH easier to handle l10n updates.

But I certainly don't object to switching to whatever upstream does in
2.7.0, as long as it doesn't make it impossible to deal with when you
actually use it or distribute l10n files.

l10n'd notifications are a killer feture.

  Henrique Holschuh