[Aptitude-devel] Welcoming Arthur Liu and Noritada Kobayashi to the Alioth project; and, GTK+ code in post-lenny.

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Mon Sep 1 18:24:50 UTC 2008

  Hi everyone,

  We have enough committers in the aptitude project now that I figured
it's time to start announcing when I've added new people.

  I just approved two pending requests: one from the Japanese
translator, Noritada Kobayashi, and one from Arthur Liu.  Arthur has
been working on a GTK+ frontend for aptitude as part of Google's Summer
of Code, and he'll be helping out with the development and maintenance
of that frontend going forward (and of course any other areas he's
interested in tackling).

  On a related note, I've started the process of merging Arthur's work
into the main aptitude repository.  We had some confusion in his
repository regarding Mercurial branches (we used them; it turned out to
cause more trouble than it solved), so I used the "transplant" plugin
to strip branch information.  This also means that some of the merge
history will be lost, but the commit history will (should) be preserved.

  I've made the new repository available as post-lenny-merge alongside
the others.  If it looks OK to everyone else, we can pull all its
patches into the current post-lenny repository.

    http://hg.debian.org/hg/aptitude/post-lenny  (anonymous)
    ssh://hg.debian.org//hg/aptitude/post-lenny  (authenticated)