[Aptitude-devel] Experimental package and package_pool implementation

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Jul 16 07:39:49 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-16, Daniel Burrows <dburrows at google.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Piotr Galiszewski
>   Ok, I have a point of curiosity here.  How is progress indicated when
> the view is being filtered by a proxy model?  Can we register to get a
> progress bar, or does the view just lock up until the search completes?

The default QSortFilterProxyModel just locks things up, but isn't really
powereful for the aptitude language.

QSortFilterProxyModel basically just uses a regexp on one or more
datamember.

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qsortfilterproxymodel.html

by subclassing it, it should be quite easy to add a 'counter' and a
progressbar.

/Sune