[Babel-users] ETX metric for bandwidth limited links

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Tue May 11 00:41:40 UTC 2010

Hi!

We are using OLSR in our wlan ljubljana open wireless network
(http://wlan-lj.net/) so please forgive me that I am not really
accustomed with Babel but I am researching a little how different
protocols calculate ETX and how they make a routing decision based on
it.

Somehow I see that protocols tend to differ how they measure packet
loss of links and how to determine network topology itself, how (and
how fast) they react to changes, but analysis of this data, models
they are using to predict future link behavior (what routing protocol
in fact is - a predictor which try to predict best route), are quite
simple and very often just a search for shortest path in a graph.