[Babel-users] Smoothed metrics now the default

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Jul 16 21:53:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've just merged the smoothed-metric branch into master, and made
smoothed metrics the default.  The defautl time constant is 4s, which is
very conservative; you'll probably want to increase this value if you're
seeing route flapping (-M).  You can use '-M 0' to disable smoothing --
recommended if your network is superbly stable.

If all goes well, this will become babeld-1.4.0.  I'm not merging this
code into Quagga for now, since I'm waiting for the onlink changes to
migrate into master.