[Babel-users] babel-rtt and babels branch status(es)?

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sun Feb 2 00:54:33 UTC 2014

Hi Dave,

You'll be glad to know that I've just finished the most difficult part
of the year (the December exam session combined with some very intensive
(unpaid) administrative work), so I should have time for fun stuff soon.

> I am curious as to the current state of these branches.

1. babel-rtt
************

Baptiste recently changed the packet format, and I believe that the
code is ready to be merged.  The draft is not quite ready, but the
principles are well described in Baptiste's report.  Unless something
goes wrong, I'm planning to merge it within a couple weeks.

2. babels
*********

This is much more complex.  There's a lot of subtle interactions.
There are some minor limitations -- routes inserted by another deamon
are not disambiguated properly.  I haven't checked the state of the
documentation recently, but the principles are well described in a top
secret paper that Matthieu recently submitted for publication.

No ETA for merging.