[Babel-users] setsockopt(IPV6_JOIN_GROUP): Cannot allocate memory

Julien Muchembled jm at jmuchemb.eu
Thu Jan 30 11:31:05 UTC 2014

Hello,

Many (all ?) nodes of our network have babel logs full of the following lines:
setsockopt(IPV6_JOIN_GROUP): Cannot allocate memory
setsockopt(IPV6_LEAVE_GROUP): Cannot assign requested address

I'm more interested in the 1st line, which would explain why 2 neighbors sometimes fail to see each other.

A user reported a similar issue at:
https://www.mail-archive.com/babel-users@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg00145.html

And probably same with radvd:
http://lists.litech.org/pipermail/radvd-devel-l/2009-April/000394.html

Both reports are quite old and it does not seem better today.

One of our node runs recent software (babeld 1.4.3 & linux 3.11.10) so upgrading does not seem an answer.

Do you have any news about this ? Or how to debug this ?

Regards,
Julien