[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: important babels update.

Matthieu Boutier boutier at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Jul 5 19:49:27 UTC 2014

> Matthieu, I cannot find the "Source Omitted" field any longer.  Did you
> remove it?

Yes, it's not a mistake.  The Idea is that you will sort your TLVs by
lexicographic (dst, src) in a Babel packet.

Usually, the source prefix will not begin the same than the destination
prefix cached:

  - external destinations are for addresses in our prefix, so in a different
    prefix,

  - destinations in our local network are probably /128 which are not
    source specific.

In both case, we will change the source prefix.  Now, consider we re-add both
a "flag" field, and a "src-prefix" field, to memorize the source prefix, and
consider we have 2 (or more) source prefix.  Since we have sorted the
message by lexicographic (dst, src), we will have, for example:

    (d1, s1)
    (d1, s2)
    (d2, s1)
    (d2, s2)

and anyway, you will be obliged to rewrite the prefix.  Now, if you believe
it's important to rethink things and have a more memory efficient protocol,
perhaps having a "dictionary" TLV with, as you explain me (or more precisely
what I understood), with all current TLVs redefined as sub-TLVs... (probably
isn't it the time for that.)

Matthieu