[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babelweb-0.4.0

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Mon Jun 2 20:38:42 UTC 2014

> but I'm at a loss as yet as to how to drop [hnet] in as an ahcpd replacement.

Yeah, I really need to spend some time with hnet.

> Possibly unlike most babel systems, most of that network is p2p links,
> on directional radios that rarely have more than 1 other wireless link.

Photos?

> Would it then be able to construct a tree, or is there only the ability
> to switch nodes?

No, currently you can only switch nodes.  But combining the data from
multiple nodes in order to create a "bush", as you say, is definitely
something I want to experiment with.

Dave, once you've played with Babelweb some more, please do drop us your
feature requests (which we'll dutifully ignore, as usual, and then realise
a couple of years later that you were right).

>> babelweb routers="[::1]:33123,192.168.4.39:1234"
>> socat TCP-LISTEN:1234,fork,reuseaddr TCP6:[::1]:33123

> regrettably I didn't build socat into the rest of the network.

Ssh is your friend:

  ssh -L 33124:[::1]:33123 remote1
  ssh -L 33125:[::1]:33123 remote2
  babelweb routers="[::1]:33123,[::1]:33124,[::1]:33125"