[Babel-users] Bucket full, dropping packet

Jernej Kos jernej at kos.mx
Sat Dec 12 11:07:41 UTC 2015

Hello!

On 12. 12. 2015 04:43, Mitar wrote:
> Oh, sadly not 75 max. The number of neighbours of one node is
> potentially very large, because all nodes with Internet uplink
> connects to the VPN server. So, all those nodes are then neighbours of
> that VPN server node. Currently this is for example 140 nodes on one

So yes, 75 is the current number of Babel peers, but there are otherwise
many more peers and there will be even more. How does babeld scale in
this case (BTW, is this a problem with the protocol or the implementation)?

Should we then run multiple instances of Babel and virtually
interconnect them in order to reduce the number of peers of each
instance? This seems quite wasteful IMO. What is the bottleneck in
babeld that prevents scaling with the growing number of peers?

Jernej