[Babel-users] Routs: Neither import table, nor export table, but exported?

yanosz babel at yanosz.net
Sat Feb 20 10:20:29 UTC 2016

Hello,

Am 02/15/2016 um 08:13 PM schrieb yanosz:
[..]
> That looks nice. But somehow babeld exports routes not available in this
> table - what's wrong here?

Mystery solved - partly. These were local routes exported by babeld by
default.

IMHO it might be helpful to clarify the manpage:

import-table table
  This specifies a kernel routing table from which routes are
  redistributed by babeld, and can be specified multiple times with a
  cumulative effect. This is equivalent to the command-line option -T.
-T table
  Export routes from the given kernel routing table. This can be
  specified multiple times in order to export routes from more than one
  table.

By mistake, I assumed that import-table will exclusively select tables
for exporting routes.

The manpage does not does not say - and I don't know, yet:
- What's the default?
- If set, is it exclusive? Will routes in id=254 (linux, main) be
redistributed, too?

In addition:
Example for filter exclusively propagating all routes from a single
table. "table" seems to work for install-filters, only.

Thanks,
yanosz