[Babel-users] Babel on itty bitty boxes

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:48:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Matthieu Boutier
<boutier at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> I put a babel debug 3 log up at:
>>
>> http://www.taht.net/~d/babeld_pi3.log
>
> Strange, there is no more "kernel_route(ADD): invalid argument" lines.  Is it really the same node, with the same options ?

yes. Perhaps, however, I had earlier had ipv6-subtrees true.

And although I seem to have connectivity over the wifi link now (I did
not on that test), it does not choose it.

> So you should have all the right routes in the FIB, no ?

Meh. The source of all my issues was that I volunteered to try out 1.8
on a whole bunch of machines at once that I'd never tried it on. :)
Compiling 1.8 on all of them was easy... tracking down each individual
bug was not.

I kind of expected the local wlan connection also to the other side of
the pi's link to go direct inside of 2 minutes. It's not and damned if
I know why, besides the kernel errors... For example, right now, to
connect the two networks is a babel running on a bridged wifi AP/sta
(not adhoc)/ethernet. Which remains for all routes on the pi, despite
it too having 2 direct links.....

I know, one step at a time, but it was just a quick test... I thought
delusion-ally that everything on every platform would "just work" by
now.

> Matthieu
>
> PS: sorry for your flash !! ;-)

PS: I am loving the new "dump" functionality. Tons easier to read than
a logfile. echo 'dump' | nc ::1 33123.

http://www.taht.net/~d/ has a dump and a much bigger log, with eth0,
wlan1,wlan2 enabled.