[Babel-users] preferred source address vs babel

Christof Schulze christof.schulze at gmx.net
Sun Aug 5 00:51:20 BST 2018

> > I opened a PR for this
>
>https://github.com/jech/babeld/pull/15
>
>As I've said there, I don't think it should be a command-line option --
>it
>should live in the configuration file. If people want to put it on the
>command-line, they should be using "-C".
>
>What's more, I don't think it makes sense for it to be a global option,
>since with multiple interfaces you don't usually want to use the same
>address with all interfaces. I can see the following:
>
> - it could be an interface option, in which case it would apply to all
>  routes going out through that interface;
> - it could be a filter option, in which case it would apply to
> matching
>  routes.
>
>Perhaps the list could chime in?
In any case, I prepared an updated patchset [1] against the unicast branch
containing code that removes the -P option again and instead implements
the first option above: setting pref-src as a parameter for an interface
specification via config file. This increases flexibility as it allows
to set multiple src addresses based on interface.

[1] https://github.com/jech/babeld/pull/18

Christof

/\  against proprietary attachments