[Babel-users] IPv4 redistribution broken in babeld-1.8.1

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Fri May 11 22:45:45 BST 2018

Hi,

On 11-05-18, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Babeld-1.8.1 breaks redistribution of IPv4 routes (but not of IPv4 local
> addresses).

Actually, it also breaks redistribution of IPv4 local addresses when they
are restricted to a prefix:

  redistribute ip 172.22.0.0/15 local allow

does not redistribute any local address with babeld 1.8.1.

> I've committed a quick fix into master:
>
>   https://github.com/jech/babeld/commit/1ffff57e44a4a507786f5626070d9b1f3e371389
>
> The fix is not perfect (the filtering of IPv4 source-specific routes is
> still not quite correct in some edge cases), but I think it's good enough
> for the 1.8 branch.  I'm planning to do a bugfix release this week-end, so
> if any of you have time to test, please do.

Thanks for the fix, it works!  I had been wondering for a few days what
was broken in my babel-based VPN network...

Baptiste