[Babel-users] Babel MAC auth fails due to packet reordering

Daniel Gröber dxld at darkboxed.org
Thu May 5 09:50:59 BST 2022

Hi,

On Wed, May 04, 2022 at 02:16:08PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> We still need to understand why you're getting systematic packet
> reordering.

See the two attached pcaps, babel-reorder-sender is on the AP wlanX device
and babel-reorder-receiver is on the other side of the wireless link.

I'm also including babel packets in both directions as Toke asked
(wireshark filter: babel || icmpv6).

You can see the reordering at sender packet no 12 vs. receiver packet no
161.

Toke, I'm running without the DSCP iptables rule but I'm seeing CS0 anyway
so it's probably not that, right?

--Daniel