[Babel-users] [babel] Babel MAC auth fails due to packet reordering

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Fri May 13 21:57:02 BST 2022

Thanks a lot, Daniel.

> I'm having some trouble establishing a baseline using babeld. Using
> babeld-1.11 as both the sending and receiving side I'm not observing any
> errors

You need to run babeld with the "-d2" flag to see MAC and PC validation errors.

> and the session seems to come up perfectly

It looks to me like you were lucky.  There's some reordering going on in
your trace, but it's never severe enough to cause association failures.
I'll try to reproduce your issue locally, you've given me all the hints
I need.

At any rate, your results seem to indicate that we've successfully solved
the issue, which means we can try to push the Internet-Draft through the
working group.  I'm very grateful for your report and for your help with
understanding the issue.