[Blend-tinker-devel] box 1.1.13 released

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue May 31 14:01:17 BST 2022

Hi tinkeres,

Today I released v1.1.13 of the "box" project.

No radical changes (as also indicated by the small version bump).
Biggest "change" is that pre-built images are now available again at
https://box.redpill.dk/ after being gone¹ for more than a year.

One fix I fought with in the past week is worth highlighting: upgrading
the SSH service would sometimes hang just after a spurious message
about "ssh-rescue", and sometimes connecting via SSH at initial boot
would fail as well.  This should be solved now for new installs, and
for existing installations you can avoid it occuring with this command:

  sudo systemctl disable gen-sshd-host-keys

(that service can stay disabled - it was only needed for initial boot)

 - Jonas

¹ When moving the website from one machine to another I skipped copying
the images, thinking I would soon generate a new batch anyway - but then
I simply didn't get around to it, and time flew by...