[Calendarserver-discuss] imip-agent localization

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Apr 9 10:36:40 UTC 2016

Quoting Paul Boddie (2016-04-08 21:16:08)
> On Friday 8. April 2016 20.48.29 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> For starters, attached is a danish localization.  I suggest you to
>> recode your norwegian locale file to UTF-8, as that is easier to
>> handle.
>
> Yes, I happen to still be using ISO-8859-15 - what happened to all
> those migration tools? - but UTF-8 is used for everything else in
> imip-agent, so it makes a lot of sense to fix this.
>
>> Also, consider adding comments on entries that are seemingly used in
>> email output and therefore need newlines sprinked into it (or better:
>> write/user a UTF-8 supportive routine to auto-break long strings into
>> lines of suitable length).
>
> I'll take a look at this.

I am not much into Python, but notice that seemingly the mainstream to
to use for i18n/l10n is pybabel (Debian package python-babel).
Mentioning in case you weren't aware and (as I suspect) it is beneficial
for you to replace your custom scripts with that.

If you want a concrete use of it for inspiration, I stumbled upon in
while looking at https://github.com/domogik/domogik

 - Jonas