[Debian-ha-maintainers] Patches for Corosyn and Openais

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Wed Jul 29 15:52:16 UTC 2009

Hello all!

Hopefully, not everybody is on the vacation :)

1) Corosync
In debian packages, until now, we had semi working init scripts.
Starting of corosync was fine, but stoping corosync killed corosync,
leaving children (when used with pacemaker) hanging. Solution for that
problem is attached in debdiff (upstream sends QUIT signal to corosync,
effectively killing the children, while we used TERM until now). Review
of this solution is welcome (and needed :).

I've also extended debian/rules so that it patches before it configures
the package and that it cleans the source before the (re)build. Some
workarounds were needed for that, but nothing special.

2) OpenAIS
OpenAIS needs to be cleaned after the build. As with corosync, I added
some changes to debian/rules so that we don't upload architecture
depended files within the source tarball or during rebuild of packages :/

Both diffs are based on latest git snapshots:

git://git.debian.org/users/agx/redhat-cluster/corosync.git
git://git.debian.org/users/agx/redhat-cluster/openais.git

As you may know, we've successfully compiled and tested pacemaker with
corosync/openais 1.0. Only thing left to sort out is creation of
/var/run/heartbeat and /var/run/crm directories. These directories get
created when pacemaker's service are started from corosync. Permissions
on them are faulty and render whole cluster unusable. If those
directories exist before services are started, permissions aren't changed.

In Ubuntu we use tmpfs for /var/run, so creating those directories
during installation isn't the solution. I've looked if this could
somehow be defined in corosync.conf (pre-start command or something like
that) and couldn't find a quick solution. So, I'm suggesting a init
script for pacemaker, which would start before corosync. That script
would create directories in question and set up correct permissions.
Does anyone has a better suggestion?

If we fix this remaining issue (which is trivial), we could base rhcs
and pacemaker on the corosync/openais 1.0 and leave out openais-legacy
both in Debian and Ubuntu.

Thanks,

Ante Karamatić