[Debian-ha-maintainers] HA-addon repo for jessie (Re: Removing packages from jessie)

franz schaefer schaefer at mond.at
Thu Apr 16 06:46:42 UTC 2015

> Not sure if they should go into a 'jessie HA add-on repo' but yes, the
> modern Pacemaker/Coro stack should go into sid at least;

i think the HA add-on repo would be a good idea.

the issue for us sysadmins is:

  those who want HA usually want it because they have mission-critical
systems. and there you DO NOT want to run an instable distribution that
changes all the time. you want something tried and true that will stay the
same and only have security critical fixes but no other changes at all.

  it is nice to have the newest software for test systems to play with but
for our production needs we also need a stable branch that we can rely on.
so if the pacemaker is not part of the main branch of jessie the "HA add-on
repo" would fulfill the same need (if it is kept stable there).

mond.

   .                Franz Schaefer         GPG KeyID: CFA2F632
  ..  +43 699 106 14 590 +43 720502048  Fingerprint: 57C2 C0CC
  ...             schaefer at mond.at         6F0A 54C7 0D88 D37E
    ...          http://www.mond.at/       C17C CB16 CFA2 F632