[Debian-ha-maintainers] piuparts errors

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Wed Aug 10 15:04:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/corosync_2.3.6-3.log says:

0m34.8s ERROR: FAIL: Package purging left files on system:
  /etc/rc1.d/	 not owned
  /etc/rc2.d/	 not owned
  /etc/rc3.d/	 not owned
  /etc/rc4.d/	 not owned
  /etc/rc5.d/	 not owned

It does not look like a direct packaging problem, more like sysv-rc not
being installed in the piuparts chroot environment.  I guess this was
made possible by init losing the Essential flag
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=824991).  Probably
lots of packages get this now, so we shouldn't start depending on some
infrastructure package but rather find a general solution.  What could
that be?  Have dh_installinit clean up these directories?  Not very
appealing...  Any ideas?
--
Thanks,
Feri