[Debian-handbook-translators] Romanian team - own repository and progress

Victor Nitu victor at debian-linux.ro
Sun Jun 10 12:46:52 UTC 2012

Hi everybody, Raphael,

I just realized that we have a dedicated git repository, and nobody knew
about it, excepting our local community!

Our team started translating already, currently we have 2 commiters who
already pushed their translations, and another two working to finish
their chapters.

Our progress can be followed at [1], and the efforts will gain some
strength soon, I guess. Tomorrow I will give a talk on Debian both as a
FLOSS project and an open community, aiming to increase its popularity
and produce new contributions. The handbook will be pushed forward as an
ongoing project, and I'll hand over some printed notes about how one can
get involved in it.

[1] https://git.cartea-libera.org/debian-handbook.git/

I went to the book's web page [2] and noticed some of the active teams
listed there, I guess the ro-RO team can be amongst them too, with the
repository we created for this process.

[2] http://debian-handbook.info/contribute/

We don't want things to get too confusing by using a separate repo, and
we'd like to keep things clean. No alioth registration, no branch
committing, all they have to do here is submit their SSH key and start
pushing to (our) master. We do have an useless extra branch now, but
it'll be taken care of by tomorrow.
We used this method before, and almost everybody here is already
familiar with it.

I'll take care of the commits squashing and history organizing, in order
to ensure that pushing to the debian repository is coming right.
As for the Alioth repository, I will produce a note in the README file
ASAP, explaining people how to join our team, and push regularly once
every two-three chapters are translated.

Please add us to [2], in order to increase project's visibility and give
me a nice way to tell people at tomorrow's event that our efforts are
taken into consideration :-)

Kind regards,

--
Victor Nițu