[Debian-handbook-translators] Allow me to introduce myself!

Matías Bellone matiasbellone+debian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:36:23 UTC 2013

On 02/20/2013 06:15 AM, Ivan Aleman wrote:

> On 19 February 2013 02:35, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org
> <mailto:hertzog at debian.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Ivan Aleman wrote:
>      > Hello, my name is Iván Alemán and I would like to help
>     translating the
>      > debian-handbook (interested in the es-ES translation)
>      >
>      > I've already created an account on http://alioth.debian.org and
>     request to
>      > join to the project on
>     http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-handbook/
>      >
>      > Hope to hear from you soon! :)
>
>     You might want to read this:
>     http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-handbook-translators/Week-of-Mon-20130211/000150.html
>
>     It gives you information about other contributors to the spanish
>     translation. This translation needs a good leader/coordinator... the
>     proof
>     being that there's no es-ES/README file yet.
>

> Hello everybody, I would like to contribute to the effort of translating
> the Debian Handbook to Spanish es-ES, Raphaël Hertzog has pointed me out
> that you may be actually contributing to this endeavor, so I would like
> to know how I may help?

Hi.

I have been working on the translation of the handbook using weblate
[1]. There were some translations when I started a few months back but I
went over each chapter and translated everything making sure that the
strings already translated were consistent. A month or two ago two
people stepped up, translated a dozen strings each and then disappeared
again so it has been mostly just me.

[1] http://debian.weblate.org/

I am a hair over 80% with all chapters up to 12 already translated. At
my current speed I estimated I would finish by the end of the month but
any extra hand is more than welcome.

> Also, as Raphaël said there was no README file on the git repository I
> took the liberty to create one and here it is and also I put myself as
> coordinator if that's OK:

I didn't know there was a "README" file per language and it doesn't
appear in weblate. I also didn't know there needed to be a coordinator,
what would be the role of the coordinator?

Based on information of this e-mail I subscribed to the mailing list and
requested to join the Alioth project (username toote-guest).

Regards,
Matías