[Debian-handbook-translators] Question on HTML pages creation and possible little error in chapter 09

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Jan 20 11:52:25 UTC 2014

Hello Beatrice,

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014, Beatrice Torracca wrote:
> I am part of the Italian translation team. I was wondering - when do the
> HTML pages get generated/updated?
> How frequently?

It's a manual process, I try to do it each time that I merge from
weblate. I have just done it now for wheezy. For squeeze, it won't be done
regularly but I can do it on request (I did it for Italian).

> It seems that there is no direct link to the Italian translation (nor
> Squeeze nor Wheezy), but it is reachable with a search engine and I am
> hoping that it will not be left without corrections and half translated.

Yeah, I plan to add back the links as soon as we announce the first
set of updated translations.

> Also, during the translation/review work I noticed this sentence at the
> very end of chapter 9 (sidebar "BEWARE Graphics card and standby") that
> does not look correct to me:
> «The graphics card driver is often the problematic drivers when standby
> doesn't work properly. [....]»

It is correct (except that it should be "the problematic driver" i.e.
without "s"). But I changed "the problematic driver" into "the culprit".
Hopefully it better conveys the expected meaning.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/