[Debian-in-workers] Re: Gujarati Translation for d-i.alioth.debian.org

Kartik Mistry kartik.mistry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:07:54 UTC 2005

On 9/21/05, Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian.org> wrote:

> I suggest that you subscribe to the
> debian-in-workers at lists.alioth.debian.org mailinig list.

 I have already subscribed debian-in-workers mailing list and debian-i18n.

> Discussing this over there may make easy to find more translators
> volunteering.

 Sure. We will discuss all related issues and translation process here. I am
also looking for Gujarati contributor for sharing and review my l10n works.

 In the same time, given that no-one actually volunteered to Gujarati,
> we can probably begin the "New Language Process" described in
> http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc

 I am going through it now..

 Logically, I would ask you to get in touch privately with me for this.

 Sure..

 What I want to suggest here for this New Language Process: make an
> exception to the "rule" and have it happen in debian-i18n. This is a
> fairly recent process which I normalized in the Debian Installer i18n
> documentation and it may raise interest to some of the readers in this
> mailing list (I already ran the process in public for another
> language: Bengali, in debian-in-workers).

 I'm keeping track for bn-language discussions at debian-in
 > Do you agree? If so, I let you read the documentation pointed above
> and we'll start running the process when you mention me you're ready.
 Agree. I am ready and we can start the process.

Thanks..