[Debian-in-workers] D-I Tamil Translation

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Sep 21 18:23:51 UTC 2005

Quoting Jaldhar H. Vyas (jaldhar at debian.org):
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Damodharan Rajalingam wrote:
>
> > How to proceed?
> >

> I think the problem was that you were not a member of the debian-in
> project on alioth.  I have added damu-guest so I think it should work now.

Ah, damn...

We went in confusion here with Damodharan. The step we're trying to
pass is the step 9 of D-I New Language Process

http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc/ch03s09.html

The commit access rights there is commit access to *d-i repository*
not to debian-in repository.

So, I added damu-guest to the d-i project on alioth so that he can
later commit Tamil translations to D-I repository.

However, in the same time, we were all talking abou tthe debian-in
repository, where we created a layout for D-I translations in Indic
languages.

So, Damodharan tried to commit to debian-in while he had only access
to d-i.

Damodharan, please try checking out D-I repository:

http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc/apbs04.html

Look at what I explain about Debian installer "core translations"
there and try commiting to packages/po in D-I SVN repository.