[Debian-in-workers] Bengali in new Debian Installer

Omi Azad omi at ekushey.org
Thu Sep 22 07:40:11 UTC 2005

Deepayan Sarkar wrote:

>AFAICS, Debian itself is not Unicode 4.1.0 compliant yet (the unstable version
>of console-data has [1] /usr/share/unidata/UnicodeData-4.0.1d1b.txt). The
>change is the addition of one (moderately rare) code point, but the font
>editor we use (fontforge) doesn't know about it yet (I haven't checked the
>CVS version recently though).
>
>In any case, this is a minor problem (that will get solved eventually), and
>more importantly, completely orthogonal to the issue at hand.
>
>Deepayan

But Unicode 4.1.0 works fine in my Ubuntu 5.04 box. Windows and it's
range of software also doesn't have any update yet, but that works fine
without any problem. It's just a character besides a particular code, so
there should not be any problem getting the output if we fix the font.
In fact I'm not getting any problem in both Windows and Linux. I just
added the codepoint in the glyph with FontLab (Windows) and it's working
well. You can check it by downloading any of the font from
http://www.ekushey.org.

--
Omi Azad
Contributor