[Debian-in-workers] Re: N(ew)L(anguage)P(rocess) for Sanskrit

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon Sep 26 16:01:21 UTC 2005

> Since when did practicality have anything to do with free software? :-)
> The rule is if someone has an interest in it and is willing to do the
> work, it gets done otherwise it doesn't.  Which is probably why we will be

Absolutely. And the above perfectly fits Sanskrit.

We have someone willing to do the translation work, so why not just do
it. And, in this process, we (free software in general) will "win" a
locale for Sanskrit.

We are currently in the process of writing it: svaksha gives me the
needed information and I transcode this to the black magic language of
locale files...:)