[Debian-in-workers] Fwd: Lenny installer string freeze status 20080901

Kumar Appaiah a.kumar at alumni.iitm.ac.in
Mon Sep 1 18:51:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 06:27:15PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Hindi will make it, as Kumar committed self to do it.

Please just tell me what else is left for it to go to 100%.

> Tamil needs Tirumurti Vasudevan to come (last update May 2008)

I had a quick read of the Tamil files, and sublevels 1, 2 and 3 need
significant work. Though it is my mother tongue, the formal technical
knowledge to translate technical terms is best left to someone who has
studied it in school or college, unlike me! But I believe this can
also be done in one sitting, since the missing links are the same as
that in Hindi ("removable media", for instance).

The story is the same in Bengali (I observed the same "removable
media"!). Again, there's too much, and the work is too overwhelming
for my extremely limited knowledge of Bengali.

I just hope these and language translators manage to sneak in some
time to complete this task. It should be quick, because the
same words appear several times...

Thanks.

Kumar
--