[Debian-l10n-devel] Thoughts about DDTP (Was: Number of requests for DDTP)

Martijn van O kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:53:56 UTC 2011

I thought it was a good story you wrote, I was wondering where it was
going next. I do have questions though.

On 1 August 2011 20:54, Aron Xu <happyaron.xu at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first thing Bob noticed, is "Select a language". Then he selects his
> language, zh_CN for example:
> [3]http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/zh_CN

<snip>

> Then he goes back to page [3]. "Oh, gosh, what I've worked are just
> suggestions? to whom? I don't know!" He feels a bit tired, and makes a
> cup of tea/coffee then goes back to read the texts he ignored just now.

Why do you say "suggestions"? Where does it say that? I'm still fuzzy
on the distinction. I get the feeling there is no *practical*
difference but it's a difference in how people feel about what they
do?

> Thirty minutes pasts, "OK, I give up, it's too complex, though the
> experience is exciting."

And I'm surprised someone reads the documentation. I would have
suspected most people just start translating without reading
anything... Seriously, I would have thought the process was obvious.
As a new user I'd start with reviewing since that's far simpler than
translating.

Have a nice day,