[Debian-l10n-devel] churro news...and preparing the l10n sprint to move l10n services to a DSA machine

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 20:46:29 UTC 2012

On 26 March 2012 23:11, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be interested in attending. But also, I'd prefer to get as much
> done beforehand as possible. That is, arrange access rights, create
> accounts/databases, setup most cronjobs, etc so that the weekend is
> mostly about testing and setting up the final links and domain names
> and fixing up the inevitable loose ends. Ofcourse, I only really know
> about DDT*, but I'll help where I can.

I just had a look at churro and it's limp along, but I note that (for
example) the PostgreSQL installation has not been tuned one little
bit. Currently the update script takes the whole day, and it runs at
the same time as the update0.5 script, which is pointless.

For the new setup, I hope there will be a more recent version of
PostgreSQL installed. I'm considering just disabling the update0.5
script, since it doesn't seem to be helping right now. I does mean the
web interface will only be updated once a day, but it should reduce
the load somewhat.

I'm not sure what else the machine is doing though, would it be OK to
give postgres a few 100MB of RAM at least? That should speed it up
somewhat.

Have a nice day,