[Debian-l10n-devel] Don't you kids take anything. I'm watching you. I've got eye implants in the back of my head.

Thomas Vincent thomas at vinc-net.fr
Tue Apr 16 21:58:58 BST 2024

Hello FTP masters!

Le 16/04/2024 à 21:52, Debian FTP Masters a écrit :
> Arf, Arf, Arf, bad guys, wrong files, arf, arf, arf

Since last Saturday (April 13th), we've started to receive those Arf Arf
messages again.

My understanding is that 4 times a day, dak checks for package
description translations on DDTP, and it sends us those unhappy messages
whenever something wrong happens with ddtp-i18n-check.sh [1].

The return of the Arf Arf messages closely follows some changes I made
to DDTP's daily update script, in an attempt to make it faster. I
believe it's probably related, but I can't really make sense of it yet.
For instance, DDTP's daily update finished this morning at 10:28 UTC+2,
so I don't understand how dak could be happy at 15:52 UTC+2 but not
anymore at 21:52 UTC+2.

Would you have more info about what is wrong?

Also, would it be OK if I proposed a merge request changing the wording
of the error messages? I don't find them very actionable.

Thomas

  [1]
https://salsa.debian.org/ftp-team/dak/-/blob/449a5fe4fc855ed504cf8dd59d3078d138444249/config/debian/dinstall.functions#L82