[Debian-med-packaging] Patch for ampliconoise

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 14:47:16 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

> Cool!  I just noticed your commits and did some first steps into getting
> it straight into Debian.  I'm a bit worried about the JS files which are
> considered as "binary without source" by ftpmaster.  I'll see what I can
> do to relax the situation.

I'd be inclined to agree with ftpmaster on this one, as packed JS is
virtually unhackable, but if you look through the various JS files here
most are in unpacked form, plus all the sources are listed in LICENCE.md
so it would be doable to make this DFSG compliant.  Unfortunately it
does mean packaging lots of little scraps off GitHub and there is no
saying if different versions of the JS will be compatible.

It raises the question - should a package like this be "compiled" by
packing all the JS at build time?  Are you aware of any packages that do
this?

Anyway, for now I just want to try and get things working.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England