[Debian-med-packaging] Nex version of python-reportlab

georgesk georgesk at debian.org
Sat Jul 15 14:41:49 BST 2023

Hello Étienne,

thank you for the job you did!
if you have any suggestion to do, regarding the quality of PDF reports
issued by biopython components, let me know!

I am still unsure that the hacks I introduced are providing an extensive
support for topics covered by the biopython's test suite, particularly
about exporting pixmaps in PNG format.

The test which is checking this features does pass now, but it is just
one test, maybe some errors may be discovered by users interested by
this feature and using some different data.

I suspect that there will be no bad surprise with unaccented English
strings, but other languages might trigger some bugs, as Helvetica
default fonts (which are meant for windows-1252 encoding) may be
replaced on the fly, by Vera fonts (which are meant for utf-8 encoding)
whereever Helvetica fonts are not reachable.

Best regards,			Georges.