[From nobody Mon Aug 31 14:21:04 2026
Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 26 Aug 2026 10:11:03 +0000
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 4.0.1-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
 (2024-03-25) on buxtehude.debian.org
X-Spam-Level: 
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-121.1 required=4.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_00,
 BODY_INCLUDES_PACKAGE,DKIMWL_WL_HIGH,DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,
 DKIM_VALID_AU,DKIM_VALID_EF,FOURLA,FROMDEVELOPER,HAS_PACKAGE,
 USER_IN_DKIM_WELCOMELIST,X_DEBBUGS_CC autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
 version=4.0.1-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
X-Spam-Bayes: score:0.0000 Tokens: new, 34; hammy, 150; neutral, 128; spammy,
 0. spammytokens: hammytokens:0.000-+--pkgbuilddir,
 0.000-+--PKGBUILDDIR, 0.000-+--HTo:N*Debian, 0.000-+--forky,
 0.000-+--H*F:U*sanvila
Return-path: &lt;sanvila@debian.org&gt;
Received: from muffat.debian.org ([2607:f8f0:614:1::1274:33]:50636)
 by buxtehude.debian.org with esmtps
 (TLS1.3:ECDHE_SECP256R1__RSA_PSS_RSAE_SHA256__AES_256_GCM:256)
 (Exim 4.96) (envelope-from &lt;sanvila@debian.org&gt;) id 1wzAb1-007m5c-0U
 for submit@bugs.debian.org; Wed, 26 Aug 2026 10:11:03 +0000
Received: via submission
 from C=NA, ST=NA, L=Ankh Morpork, O=Debian SMTP, OU=Debian SMTP CA,
 CN=paradis.debian.org, EMAIL=hostmaster@paradis.debian.org (verified)
 by muffat.debian.org with esmtps
 (TLS1.3:ECDHE_SECP256R1__RSA_PSS_RSAE_SHA256__AES_256_GCM:256)
 (Exim 4.96) (envelope-from &lt;sanvila@debian.org&gt;) id 1wzAb1-0030tR-0C
 for submit@bugs.debian.org; Wed, 26 Aug 2026 10:11:03 +0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=debian.org; 
 s=smtpauto.paradis;
 h=Date:Message-Id:Subject:To:From:Reply-To:Cc:
 MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-ID:
 Content-Description:In-Reply-To:References;
 bh=eoqwjZqbf+N+eHoDG+wdsWXxo40+toPmJfOvZ4znb1M=; b=APkl7a+MnapuUrS9LyVYaCwVb2
 8C5dAhc3mNJFn37XbtthSuVMqRey7jw1F8q4fTVLNOQuPLWyKffQACZbJtSO7t0QwNYK+RpEnUnHF
 PJbSnA7la2QW9WtXNqOX+1vRhbEDRsJD+hZolFXcSHAhKQXzxx4c8gjUmdpNmM3vzGd/2F1rvS8c+
 DM6MwgMZ72Ulv05DrEoNgFEiMEZjHKdknpCztq430WnR8fM5mWGTeYbve8SFHMXS4xq7FAHxKXt6o
 yeczK4LSQbrVIO78WWqE+HzcgI7KxynQcahx4LNI6A7tYpjEWWBAEaZxahS21xv/7d2RVnjLjfGIm
 JTe1c57g==;
Received: from sanvila by paradis.debian.org with local (Exim 4.96)
 (envelope-from &lt;sanvila@debian.org&gt;) id 1wzAb0-0018xc-34
 for submit@bugs.debian.org; Wed, 26 Aug 2026 10:11:02 +0000
From: Santiago Vila &lt;sanvila@debian.org&gt;
To: Debian BTS &lt;submit@bugs.debian.org&gt;
Subject: vienna-rna: FTBFS: RNA_wrap.cpp:14520:32: error:
 'PyString_FromString' was not declared in this scope;
 did you mean 'PyLong_FromString'?
X-Debbugs-Cc: sanvila@debian.org
Message-Id: &lt;E1wzAb0-0018xc-34@paradis.debian.org&gt;
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2026 10:11:02 +0000
Delivered-To: submit@bugs.debian.org

Package: src:vienna-rna
Version: 2.7.0+dfsg-2
Severity: serious
Tags: ftbfs forky sid

Dear maintainer:

During a rebuild of all packages in unstable, this package failed to build.

Below you will find the last part of the build log (probably the most
relevant part, but not necessarily). If required, the full build log
is available here:

https://people.debian.org/~sanvila/build-logs/202608/

About the archive rebuild: The build was made on virtual machines from AWS,
using sbuild and a reduced chroot with only build-essential packages.

If you cannot reproduce the bug please contact me privately, as I
am willing to provide ssh access to a virtual machine where the bug is
fully reproducible.

If this is really a bug in one of the build-depends, please use
reassign and add an affects on src:vienna-rna, so that this is still
visible in the BTS web page for this package.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[...]
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -std=c++17 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -I/usr/include/python3.14 -DVRNA_WITH_NAVIEW_LAYOUT -DVRNA_LOG_NO_DEBUG_RNALIB  -I../../src  -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fopenmp -pthread -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-variable -I/usr/include/json-c/ -I/usr/include/libsvm/ -c -o _RNA_la-RNA_wrap.lo `test -f 'RNA_wrap.cpp' || echo './'`RNA_wrap.cpp
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -std=c++17 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include/python3.14 -DVRNA_WITH_NAVIEW_LAYOUT -DVRNA_LOG_NO_DEBUG_RNALIB -I../../src -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fopenmp -pthread -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-variable -I/usr/include/json-c/ -I/usr/include/libsvm/ -c RNA_wrap.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/_RNA_la-RNA_wrap.o
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'void python_wrap_subopt_cb(const char*, float, void*)':
RNA_wrap.cpp:14520:32: error: 'PyString_FromString' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'PyLong_FromString'?
14520 |   py_structure = (structure) ? PyString_FromString(structure) : Py_None;
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                PyLong_FromString
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'void python_wrap_bs_cb(const char*, void*)':
RNA_wrap.cpp:14605:32: error: 'PyString_FromString' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'PyLong_FromString'?
14605 |   py_structure = (structure) ? PyString_FromString(structure) : Py_None;
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                PyLong_FromString
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'void python_wrap_mfe_window_cb(unsigned int, unsigned int, const char*, float, void*)':
RNA_wrap.cpp:14706:19: error: 'PyString_FromString' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'PyLong_FromString'?
14706 |   py_structure  = PyString_FromString(structure);
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                   PyLong_FromString
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'PyObject* _wrap_circalifold__SWIG_2(PyObject*, Py_ssize_t, PyObject**)':
RNA_wrap.cpp:71854:19: error: 'PyString_AsString' was not declared in this scope
71854 |         arg1[i] = PyString_AsString(PyUnicode_AsASCIIString(o));
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'PyObject* Swig_var_symbolset_get()':
RNA_wrap.cpp:77322:13: error: 'SWIG_Python_str_FromChar' was not declared in this scope
77322 |     pyobj = SWIG_Python_str_FromChar((const char *)symbolset);
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'PyObject* _wrap_extract_record_rest_structure(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
RNA_wrap.cpp:78847:19: error: 'PyString_AsString' was not declared in this scope
78847 |         arg1[i] = PyString_AsString(PyUnicode_AsASCIIString(o));
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'PyObject* _wrap_read_record(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
RNA_wrap.cpp:78920:19: error: 'PyString_AsString' was not declared in this scope
78920 |         arg1[i] = PyString_AsString(PyUnicode_AsASCIIString(o));
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RNA_wrap.cpp:78942:19: error: 'PyString_AsString' was not declared in this scope
78942 |         arg2[i] = PyString_AsString(PyUnicode_AsASCIIString(o));
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RNA_wrap.cpp: In function 'PyObject* _wrap_get_multi_input_line(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
RNA_wrap.cpp:79015:19: error: 'PyString_AsString' was not declared in this scope
79015 |         arg1[i] = PyString_AsString(PyUnicode_AsASCIIString(o));
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[5]: *** [Makefile:870: _RNA_la-RNA_wrap.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/&lt;&lt;PKGBUILDDIR&gt;&gt;/interfaces/Python'
make[4]: *** [Makefile:684: all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/&lt;&lt;PKGBUILDDIR&gt;&gt;/interfaces'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:745: all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/&lt;&lt;PKGBUILDDIR&gt;&gt;'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:626: all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/&lt;&lt;PKGBUILDDIR&gt;&gt;'
dh_auto_build: error: make -j1 returned exit code 2
make[1]: *** [debian/rules:25: override_dh_auto_build] Error 25
make[1]: Leaving directory '/&lt;&lt;PKGBUILDDIR&gt;&gt;'
make: *** [debian/rules:5: binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess failed with exit status 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
]