[From nobody Thu Sep 24 09:51:07 2026
Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 9 Aug 2026 15:29:43 +0000
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 4.0.1-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
 (2024-03-25) on buxtehude.debian.org
X-Spam-Level: 
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-108.0 required=4.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_00,
 DKIMWL_WL_HIGH,DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,DKIM_VALID_AU,DKIM_VALID_EF,
 FROMDEVELOPER,SPF_HELO_NONE,SPF_PASS,USER_IN_DKIM_WELCOMELIST
 autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
 version=4.0.1-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
X-Spam-Bayes: score:0.0000 Tokens: new, 55; hammy, 150; neutral, 76; spammy,
 0. spammytokens:
 hammytokens:0.000-+--Hx-spam-relays-external:sk:stravin,
 0.000-+--H*RT:sk:stravin, 0.000-+--Hx-spam-relays-external:311,
 0.000-+--H*RT:311, 0.000-+--H*RT:108
Return-path: &lt;sramacher@debian.org&gt;
Received: from stravinsky.debian.org ([2001:41b8:202:deb::311:108]:58926)
 by buxtehude.debian.org with esmtps
 (TLS1.3:ECDHE_SECP256R1__RSA_PSS_RSAE_SHA256__AES_256_GCM:256)
 (Exim 4.96) (envelope-from &lt;sramacher@debian.org&gt;)
 id 1wt5T5-005DFd-1p for submit@bugs.debian.org;
 Sun, 09 Aug 2026 15:29:43 +0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=debian.org; 
 s=smtpauto.stravinsky;
 h=X-Debian-User:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type
 :MIME-Version:Message-ID:Subject:To:From:Date:Reply-To:Cc:Content-ID:
 Content-Description:In-Reply-To:References;
 bh=cJTtRlmrTuH9XMW5hE3Z2UxlF4+9MvPyQH4+BItOrr0=; b=CSndpVr5LRJFRUUgGYUp5skpv7
 oFpkh+uEqy4HZVGd5Roz7XEasEM7rzTHMvvT0YaQKuE4mGDGKeQgM5ICwqf3NzJr4gBDQShQJ32jx
 cku2aNLChRThbnVsL8/dpQFTBsu9/UdC5ElBaok0V1kXA3UNmRC4HNxGjvVn8tI7OxPoRWhendC1u
 vCytD2IwO/7oqqBkEztsHrqOLfdqfAQAI5Ld1k2MAYB8IuCiTYPMJUB0vRZj33PKJfeOubZa6tweZ
 Ww0Y+/BR6Kz4cxuzto1CPmNDQ4E6p2ChzbxDxbTGtZguwy0e15Htc4Kq8/FUw7U6f0Nv4B/vbsLk7
 kdE2+Jqw==;
Received: from authenticated-user by stravinsky.debian.org with esmtpsa
 (TLS1.3:ECDHE_X25519__RSA_PSS_RSAE_SHA256__AES_256_GCM:256)
 (Exim 4.96) (envelope-from &lt;sramacher@debian.org&gt;)
 id 1wt5T3-0024e5-32 for submit@bugs.debian.org;
 Sun, 09 Aug 2026 15:29:42 +0000
Received: by rigel.ramacher.at (Postfix, from userid 1000)
 id A0B73C05439B; Sun, 09 Aug 2026 17:29:41 +0200 (CEST)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2026 17:29:41 +0200
From: Sebastian Ramacher &lt;sramacher@debian.org&gt;
To: Debian Bug Tracking System &lt;submit@bugs.debian.org&gt;
Subject: uncalled: FTBFS: /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: cannot find
 -lhdf5: No such file or directory
Message-ID: &lt;anic5ZKYIEZcFK7H@ramacher.at&gt;
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Reportbug-Version: 13.2.0
X-Debian-User: sramacher
Delivered-To: submit@bugs.debian.org

Source: uncalled
Version: 2.3+ds-3
Severity: serious
Tags: ftbfs
Justification: fails to build from source (but built successfully in the pa=
st)
X-Debbugs-Cc: sramacher@debian.org

Dear maintainer,

uncalled FTBFS:

x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -g -O2 -ffile-prefix-map=3D/build/reproducible-path/un=
called-2.3+ds=3D. -fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wforma=
t -Werror=3Dformat-security -fcf-protection -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=
=3D2 -DH5_USE_110_API -fPIC -DPYBIND -I./submods -I/usr/include/hdf5/serial=
 -I/usr/include/fast5/ -I/usr/include/ -I/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyb=
ind11/include -I/usr/include/python3.14 -c src/self_align_ref.cpp -o build/=
temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/self_align_ref.o -std=3Dc++11 -O3
x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -g -O2 -ffile-prefix-map=3D/build/reproducible-path/un=
called-2.3+ds=3D. -fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wforma=
t -Werror=3Dformat-security -fcf-protection -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=
=3D2 -DH5_USE_110_API -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro=
 -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -g -O2 -ffile-prefix-map=3D/build/r=
eproducible-path/uncalled-2.3+ds=3D. -fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash=
-protection -Wformat -Werror=3Dformat-security -fcf-protection -Wdate-time =
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3D2 -DH5_USE_110_API build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/=
src/chunk.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/client_sim.o build/temp=
=2Elinux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/event_detector.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cp=
ython-314/src/event_profiler.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/fast=
5_reader.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/map_pool.o build/temp.li=
nux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/mapper.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src=
/normalizer.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/pybinder.o build/temp=
=2Elinux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/range.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314=
/src/read_buffer.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/realtime_pool.o =
build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-314/src/seed_tracker.o build/temp.linux-x86=
_64-cpython-314/src/self_align_ref.o -L -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lbwa -=
lhdf5 -lz -ldl -lm -o /build/reproducible-path/uncalled-2.3+ds/.pybuild/cpy=
thon3_3.14_uncalled/build/_uncalled.cpython-314-x86_64-linux-gnu.so
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: cannot find -lhdf5: No such file or direc=
tory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command '/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-g++' failed with exit code 1
E: pybuild pybuild:485: build: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=3D1:=
 /usr/bin/python3 setup.py build

See
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=3Duncalled&amp;arch=3Damd64&amp;ver=
=3D2.3%2Bds-3%2Bb5&amp;stamp=3D1786284410&amp;raw=3D0
for details.

Cheers
--=20
Sebastian Ramacher
]