[From nobody Mon Oct  5 20:51:08 2026
Received: (at maintonly) by bugs.debian.org; 17 Feb 2025 17:46:48 +0000
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.6-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
 (2021-04-09) on buxtehude.debian.org
X-Spam-Level: 
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-118.2 required=4.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_00,
 BODY_INCLUDES_PACKAGE,DKIMWL_WL_HIGH,DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,
 DKIM_VALID_AU,DKIM_VALID_EF,FROMDEVELOPER,FVGT_m_MULTI_ODD,HAS_PACKAGE,
 USER_IN_DKIM_WELCOMELIST,USER_IN_DKIM_WHITELIST autolearn=ham
 autolearn_force=no version=3.4.6-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
X-Spam-Bayes: score:0.0000 Tokens: new, 32; hammy, 150; neutral, 280; spammy,
 0. spammytokens: hammytokens:0.000-+--python3, 0.000-+--trixie, 
 0.000-+--H*F:U*doko, 0.000-+--UD:qa-logs.debian.net,
 0.000-+--qalogsdebiannet
Return-path: &lt;doko@paradis.debian.org&gt;
Received: from muffat.debian.org ([2607:f8f0:614:1::1274:33]:55134)
 from C=NA, ST=NA, L=Ankh Morpork, O=Debian SMTP, OU=Debian SMTP CA,
 CN=muffat.debian.org, EMAIL=hostmaster@muffat.debian.org (verified)
 by buxtehude.debian.org with esmtps
 (TLS1.3:ECDHE_SECP256R1__RSA_PSS_RSAE_SHA256__AES_256_GCM:256)
 (Exim 4.94.2) (envelope-from &lt;doko@paradis.debian.org&gt;)
 id 1tk5Ci-00Afu3-Km
 for maintonly@bugs.debian.org; Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:46:48 +0000
Received: from paradis.debian.org ([2607:f8f0:614:1::1274:67]:48232)
 from C=NA, ST=NA, L=Ankh Morpork, O=Debian SMTP, OU=Debian SMTP CA,
 CN=paradis.debian.org, EMAIL=hostmaster@paradis.debian.org (verified)
 by muffat.debian.org with esmtps
 (TLS1.3:ECDHE_SECP256R1__RSA_PSS_RSAE_SHA256__AES_256_GCM:256)
 (Exim 4.94.2) (envelope-from &lt;doko@paradis.debian.org&gt;)
 id 1tk5Ci-00GYsb-5N
 for maintonly@bugs.debian.org; Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:46:48 +0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=debian.org; 
 s=smtpauto.paradis;
 h=Date:Message-Id:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:
 MIME-Version:From:Subject:To:Reply-To:Cc:Content-ID:Content-Description:
 In-Reply-To:References; bh=sPFDb9RJyb9/d2BosLrakV7TVIXGF0ctRxdj8nN18B8=; b=qO
 4wjqzuY8LxnX/0yE3SvaNGghCfdu15qg8pOinJxa54+Z25PhBfrNmDXSiYev6W8GslmRUdQp+gk5c
 uhrqsEgVIWJR0mbk7J68mtxpJJOXLzVoAiOnoAjKa7fpgnNFw+mzkl5Zl9/+Dedm9YjarSLhXQvA9
 ZCXdJjFwS2rh/KwQoaTmsL19aSrcut77XApvtjELjZvuv8llI0PZScwor4YX3l2DMhzbua9QrAlx5
 bcrLIvzK1T0Mq4bwr9tOf89j5hlBz0ZxL57ipMTAFCONFxOG+NXdxl6h4Hycj5l4ytj8tj6nCgKBe
 vBtFnI7xmONv0sA0vnbXmwzlxIJxlcjQ==;
Received: from doko by paradis.debian.org with local (Exim 4.94.2)
 (envelope-from &lt;doko@paradis.debian.org&gt;) id 1tk5Ch-009Oxk-FJ
 for maintonly@bugs.debian.org; Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:46:47 +0000
To: maintonly@bugs.debian.org
Subject: python-cython-blis: ftbfs with GCC-15
From: Matthias Klose &lt;doko@debian.org&gt;
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quot;UTF-8&quot;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-Id: &lt;E1tk5Ch-009Oxk-FJ@paradis.debian.org&gt;
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:46:47 +0000
Delivered-To: maintonly@bugs.debian.org

Package: src:python-cython-blis
Version: 1.0.0-1
Severity: important
Tags: sid forky
User: debian-gcc@lists.debian.org
Usertags: ftbfs-gcc-15

[This bug is NOT targeted to the upcoming trixie release]

Please keep this issue open in the bug tracker for the package it
was filed for.  If a fix in another package is required, please
file a bug for the other package (or clone), and add a block in this
package. Please keep the issue open until the package can be built in
a follow-up test rebuild.

The package fails to build in a test rebuild on at least amd64 with
gcc-15/g++-15, but succeeds to build with gcc-14/g++-14. The
severity of this report will be raised before the forky release.

The full build log can be found at:
http://qa-logs.debian.net/2025/02/16/amd64exp/python-cython-blis_1.0.0-1_unstable_gccexp.log.gz
The last lines of the build log are at the end of this report.

To build with GCC 15, either set CC=gcc-15 CXX=g++-15 explicitly,
or install the gcc, g++, gfortran, ... packages from experimental.

  apt-get -t=experimental install g++ 

GCC 15 now defaults to the C23/C++23 standards, exposing many FTBFS.
Other Common build failures are new warnings resulting in build failures
with -Werror turned on, or new/dropped symbols in Debian symbols files.
For other C/C++ related build failures see the porting guide at
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-15/porting_to.html

[...]
[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/config/steamroller/bli_cntx_init_steamroller.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_cntx_init_steamroller.o -O2 -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64
[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/config/zen/bli_cntx_init_zen.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_cntx_init_zen.o -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64
[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/config/zen2/bli_cntx_init_zen2.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_cntx_init_zen2.o -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64
[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/config/zen3/bli_cntx_init_zen3.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_cntx_init_zen3.o -O3 -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option ‘-mavx512pf’; did you mean ‘-mavx512f’?

[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/kernels/skx/3/bli_dgemm_skx_asm_16x12_l2.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_dgemm_skx_asm_16x12_l2.o -O2 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -mavx512f -mavx512dq -mavx512bw -mavx512vl -mfpmath=sse -march=skylake-avx512 -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64
[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/kernels/skx/3/bli_dgemm_skx_asm_16x14.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_dgemm_skx_asm_16x14.o -O2 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -mavx512f -mavx512dq -mavx512bw -mavx512vl -mfpmath=sse -march=skylake-avx512 -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64
[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/kernels/skx/3/bli_sgemm_skx_asm_32x12_l2.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_sgemm_skx_asm_32x12_l2.o -O2 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -mavx512f -mavx512dq -mavx512bw -mavx512vl -mfpmath=sse -march=skylake-avx512 -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64
[COMMAND] gcc -c /build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/kernels/knl/1m/bli_dpackm_knl_asm_24x8.c -o /tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_dpackm_knl_asm_24x8.o -O2 -O3 -mavx512f -mavx512pf -mfpmath=sse -march=knl -fPIC -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot; -DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY -Iinclude/linux-x86_64 -I./frame/3/ -I./frame/1m/ -I./frame/1f/ -I./frame/1/ -I./frame/include -I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File &quot;/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/setup.py&quot;, line 327, in &lt;module&gt;
    setup(
    ~~~~~^
        setup_requires=[
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ...&lt;47 lines&gt;...
        ],
        ^^
    )
    ^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/__init__.py&quot;, line 117, in setup
    return distutils.core.setup(**attrs)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/core.py&quot;, line 183, in setup
    return run_commands(dist)
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/core.py&quot;, line 199, in run_commands
    dist.run_commands()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dist.py&quot;, line 954, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/dist.py&quot;, line 995, in run_command
    super().run_command(command)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dist.py&quot;, line 973, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/command/build.py&quot;, line 135, in run
    self.run_command(cmd_name)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/cmd.py&quot;, line 316, in run_command
    self.distribution.run_command(command)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/dist.py&quot;, line 995, in run_command
    super().run_command(command)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dist.py&quot;, line 973, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/command/build_ext.py&quot;, line 99, in run
    _build_ext.run(self)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/_distutils/command/build_ext.py&quot;, line 359, in run
    self.build_extensions()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
  File &quot;/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/setup.py&quot;, line 116, in build_extensions
    objects = self.compile_objects(platform_name, arch, OBJ_DIR)
  File &quot;/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/setup.py&quot;, line 258, in compile_objects
    objects.append(self.build_object(env=env, **spec))
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File &quot;/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/setup.py&quot;, line 273, in build_object
    subprocess.check_call(command, cwd=BLIS_DIR)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File &quot;/usr/lib/python3.13/subprocess.py&quot;, line 421, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['gcc', '-c', '/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/kernels/knl/1m/bli_dpackm_knl_asm_24x8.c', '-o', '/tmp/tmpe37_6kbl/bli_dpackm_knl_asm_24x8.o', '-O2', '-O3', '-mavx512f', '-mavx512pf', '-mfpmath=sse', '-march=knl', '-fPIC', '-std=c99', '-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L', '-DBLIS_VERSION_STRING=&quot;0.9.0&quot;', '-DBLIS_IS_BUILDING_LIBRARY', '-Iinclude/linux-x86_64', '-I./frame/3/', '-I./frame/1m/', '-I./frame/1f/', '-I./frame/1/', '-I./frame/include', '-I/build/reproducible-path/python-cython-blis-1.0.0/blis/_src/include/linux-x86_64']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
E: pybuild pybuild:389: build: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: /usr/bin/python3 setup.py build 
dh_auto_build: error: pybuild --build -i python{version} -p &quot;3.12 3.13&quot; returned exit code 13
make: *** [debian/rules:10: binary] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2
]