[Debian-science-sagemath] New version of flint

Torrance, Douglas dtorrance at piedmont.edu
Sun Dec 27 13:44:11 GMT 2020

On 12/26/20 3:51 AM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> I uploaded flint 2.7.0 to experimental, since it breaks backward
> compatibility and I don't want to break sagemath.

Should there be a new "libflint-2.7.0" binary package to go with it?  In
experimental, "libflint-2.6.3" provides libflint-2.7.0.so, but still
satisfies the dependencies for packages expecting libflint-2.6.3.so.

For example, in an experimental chroot, I got:

# apt install -t experimental libflint-2.6.3
# apt install macaulay2
# M2
/usr/bin/M2-binary: error while loading shared libraries:
libflint-2.6.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# ldd /usr/bin/M2-binary | grep flint
	libflint-2.6.3.so => not found