[Debian-science-sagemath] FLINT 3 transition

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Mon Mar 25 22:46:57 GMT 2024

On 3/25/24 21:51, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 9:16 AM Tobias Hansen <thansen at debian.org> wrote:
>
>     That would be really appreciated.
>
>     The package could really benefit from a restart by someone more familiar with how to best build sage nowadays.
>
>     I'm happy to answer any questions about the package.
>

> OK, I've finally ready to have a better look, sorry for a delay.
> Where should I start?
>
> My rough idea is that Debian should concentrate on packaging sagelib (the main part of the project), but do not try  to mimic the lot of vendoring SageMath is doing with Jupyter and Sphinx (apart from Sage's
> Jupyter kernel).
>

> Dima

Hi,

you can start at the Wiki page:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Sage

Also see the tracker page:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sagemath

The package is building sagelib and the documentation, in order to run all the doctests during the package build. One could consider to build the documentation in a separate package...