[debiandoc-sgml-devel] Committed first patch

Ardo van Rangelrooij ardo@debian.org
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:10:09 -0600

Osamu Aoki (osamu@debian.org) wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 04:19:33PM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> > Osamu Aoki (osamu@debian.org) wrote:
> > You can always branch of 1.1.85 (the latest version in CVS and build and
> > test from there.  Once everything is ok, you can then merge it onto the
> > main branch.
>
> I made osamu_branch_root at HEAD and I thought creating osamu_branch ...
> alas, I commited to HEAD. (somehow osamu_branch and osamu_branch_root
> stayed the same. Sorry,...  You want to revert or are we continue. Let
> me know.
>
> I wonder why Jens was making 1.1.87.  tag and archive seem to indicate
> there were only 1.1.85 released.
>
> I have a request.  Let's make change log to track CVS activity but also
> indicate release state.  Maybe we should mangle version name when it is
> CVS unreleased version.  When releasing, change to real version.
>
> 1.1.85
>  -> 1.1.85.cvsXXXX (when working on CVS)
>  -> 1.1.86 (release)
>
> This should redule version infration.

Using a branch is much safer.  You can then also do proper tag management for
reverting back to a previuos tag on your branch.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij                                     Debian XML/SGML Group
<ardo@debian.org>              <debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>